Identifying the months of the year is a basic skill kids learn from a young age. As Muslims, we want to ensure our kids are familiar with the lunar calendar and know the names of the Islamic Months as well!
Here are some activities that are designed to help build awareness and familiarity with the Islamic Months that dictate many of the special days of our deen:
Resources for the month of MUHARRAM, the 1st Islamic month:
- MUHARRAM Cut and Paste
- Great for spelling and fine motor skills
- MUHARRAM Worksheet
- Develops name practice and identification
- Islamic Calendar Template- MUHARRAM:
- Print, laminate, and hang on board/fridge
- Use a dry erase marker to fill in the date daily
- Great for kids and students to keep track of the Islamic date throughout the week, month, and year!
“Indeed, the number of months with Allah is twelve [lunar] months in the book of Allah (Suratul Tawbah 9:36)”
May Allah help us instill the awareness of the Islamic Months in our kids and students!