Do you have any milk cartons in your school cafeteria or home? One of our creative teachers saw students drinking milk everyday at lunch and thought of a great craft!
Eid Al-Adha was approaching and the students were learning about Hajj. The milk cartons inspired the idea of having kids make their own mini Kaba. A a simple and fun craft to do with your kids or students!
You will need:
- Milk carton (one per child)- rinse and dry before using
- Black acrylic paint
- Foam paint brush
- Gold Ribbon or construction paper
- Liquid glue
- Small paper plate
Have the child paint the carton from the outside. Once the paint has dried, glue on the gold ribbon.
- Be sure to wash and dry the milk cartons before using
- This can be a messy project, so make sure the kids are dressed appropriately or wear aprons.
- Tape the carton onto a paper plate before painting. This helps the students paint without having to touch the carton- they can simply rotate the plate.
- Place newspapers underneath the work space or one large table cloth that you can trash later. This would be fun to do outside!
Have you tried this? We would love to hear from you and see the master pieces your child or students have created!